- So I saw the movie Maudie today. It will be released in other countries eventually such as the US, UK, France,Germany, Spain, Australia and Japan.
- It was great because usually I’m wondering when a movie will be over even if I mostly like it but today I didn’t want to know
- It is about an NS artist and you can see her painted house and more at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia in Halifax
- Ethan Hawke and Sally Hawkins are great though not Nova Scotian though Hawke has a summer place here
- The movie was shot in Newfoundland though it looks like NS-I think it is generally rockier, hillier and colder there and very interesting to visit
- The movie was great because it put together the basics of an excellent story-compelling characters, interesting plot and significant scenery. I just read The Quiet American.
- Maude Lewis came from Marshalltown, NS near Digby which is famous for yummy scallops and balancing rock and whales are nearby
- This movie has interesting life themes we all can relate to. It is doing very well and beyond initial projections