See a Maude Lewis painting here.
- So I saw the movie Maudie today. It will be released in other countries eventually such as the US, UK, France,Germany, Spain, Australia and Japan.
- It was great because usually I’m wondering when a movie will be over even if I mostly like it but today I didn’t want to know
- It is about an NS artist and you can see her painted house and more at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia in Halifax
- Ethan Hawke and Sally Hawkins are great though not Nova Scotian though Hawke has a summer place here
- The movie was shot in Newfoundland though it looks like NS-I think it is generally rockier, hillier and colder there and very interesting to visit
- The movie was great because it put together the basics of an excellent story-compelling characters, interesting plot and significant scenery. I just read The Quiet American.
- Maude Lewis came from Marshalltown, NS near Digby which is famous for yummy scallops and balancing rock and whales are nearby
- This movie has interesting life themes we all can relate to. It is doing very well and beyond initial projections
My friend is petrified of animals, especially dogs. Everyone and their dog was out that day with a dog or three. In some countries dogs are not so often kept as pets.
She’s even afraid of chickens which no doubt roam Jamaica more than Canada. She did grab my arm when she saw a ring necked pheasant running away. I had already mentioned hear their screeching call. I said that no one had ever been hurt by a pheasant.
At this time of year I salute new beginnings.